Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Not what I expected

It doesn’t seem like anything ever turns out the way I had planned or expected. When I was pregnant I remember people telling me your baby won’t sleep through the night for 3 or 4 months. I thought to myself HOW DO PEOPLE DO IT! Waking up ever hour and a half to two hours for that many months, I don’t know how I will ever manage. Then 4,5,6,7 and 8 months went by with my little Nya still waking up every two hours to eat. Tired? Yes. I don’t evenknow how to describe it, exhausting, I feel l i ke a zombie. But last night for Nya’s 9 month bi rth day she gave me a VERY nice gift…. She slept through the night for the first time!!!! HALLELUJAH! I was astounded and hopeful. The only problem was I was so used to waking up when she usually does that I couldn’t fall back asleep for an hour.

Besides being extremely happy that she slept through the night for at least one night I am more excited that she is finally eating and drinking close to the way she should be. At six months old she was still only breastfeeding and would not take formula and was only getting 6oz, maybe 8oz on a very, very unusual day. That is terrible! I am so grateful she has warmed up to formula and has practically weaned herself. I can tell a huge difference, not only in her sleep, but she is a lot happier now that she isn’t starving! I love baby Nya even though she has push me a million times beyond what I thought I was capable of doing. Hopefully if she continues to sleep through the night I will start feeling normal again and have energy to workout and loose the last of my baby weight. And MAYBE just maybe I might consider having another kid. Maybe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment